maio 31, 2008

Early Morning Tampaxes

Pacheco Pereira, rói-te de inveja.


"things of course about which one would never write
a poem
force their way into the new territory of poetic
themes
such as changing tampon and pad to pee in toilets
of townships where one sometimes comes
on the floor water and effluent almost ankle deep
I wade on adidas soles like a cat
no moveable equipment available
like toilet seats bins hooks locks doors
my jacket hangs around my neck in blanket folds
handbag clutched between teeth
tampon swollen red mouse, stained pad
wrapped in bank counterfoils
I piss shuddering rigid half-squatting
between my legs
into a toilet bowl heaped halfway up
with at least four different colours of shit
every nerve ending erect with revulsion, poised to
go mad
if just one drop should splash against me."

Antjie Krog (Four Poems)

Bom dia!

Sem comentários: